Thursday, January 22, 2004

Guillermo Jerusalem?

"Now, does everyone know that this class is actually two parts?" my journalism professor inquired of her bright-eyed students, "Because we get the occasional person that didn't know that as well as this being a news-writing course, we are also responsible for producing the school newspaper."

All the bushy-tailed students looked shocked at the idea that someone might actually be so foolish as to have signed up for the class and not have known this.

I was looking a bit shocked myself.

* * * * * *

So I guess I'm going to have to play journalist for a while. A bit sooner than I expected. I mean, I was hoping to have some idea of what I was doing when the time came to actually perform, you know what I mean?

And here I was thinking that sex and journalism had nothing in common.

* * * * * * *

So now I'm trying to think of a name. In the comic Transmetropolitan, the main character is a journalist named Spider Jerusalem. Hm...

Turtle Calcutta?

Forest Gaza?

River Phoenix?

Wait...

Ah well, I'm sure I'll come up with something that is appropriately intimidating and has quasi-religious undertones.

* * * * * * *

Step 1: Seat-of-the-pants journalism.

Step 2:

Step 3: Profit.

* * * * * * *

How do all of you day-walkers do this? It's only 2:30 am and I feel like it's already dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.