Tuesday, December 02, 2003

There's an art to many things.

One of these is the ability to disguise hours of horrendously agonized over hours into a seemingly spur-of-the-moment, off the top of your head account of your day.

It's just something to be aware of.

Because either way, in most communication mediums, you won't be able to tell the difference.

Myself, I find myself mesmerized by the soliloqouys of various characters that I encounter. I imagine their minds functioning like intricate Swiss watches, delicate gears whirring furiously to display their thoughts.

Then I think about how long some of my half-page posts have taken, and I balk.

There's nothing like working on something...anything, really, and not being completely happy with the finished product. It's frustrating, to say the least.

But it's better than nothing.

* * * * *

Methinks has been doing this really nice light-shining-in-the-darkness thing lately. Originally, I was of the opinion that the purpose of my blog was to communicate with the people I actually physically interact with on a somewhat daily basis in my life. But Lo! and Behold!, people that I essentially only know as strings of letters and occasional pictures become three-dimensional beings that I value and appreciate.

How do they do it? How does anyone do it?

* * * * *

Joey M. is quite drunk, and he is ready to go home. Lamentably, that means I must go as well, since I brought him here and feel it is my duty to bring him back. It's a principle I picked up from my old job as a guide through the levels of Hell. Funny, I can't even remember how many there were now. I'm sure you can see why I was fired.

He just asked, "What? What are you looking at me for?"

I almost yelled, "Inspiration! Meaning! Truth!"

But perhaps these things are not to be found in Joseph M., at least, not at the moment.

Bleck, I must be off.

No rest for the wicked, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.