Friday, September 05, 2003

Shortest Sabbatical Ever!

I went to two bars tonight and downed two huge glasses of water. That's right. Water.

I'm starting to think something is very wrong with me.

Here I am trying not to write and I don't even last one day.

Here I am trying not to drink and I am already pushing an entire week.

Las Vegas is going to be pissed. Their odds were way off.

I'm half-expecting to pull up to my house one day and see all of my friend's cars parked outside.

"A party?" I'll think. It's only five in the afternoon, too early for a party. I'll walk in.

My friends will be standing in a half-circle, arms crossed and faces grim. The coffee table will be bare except for two items: One will be a pen. The other will be a six-pack of Killian's Irish Red. Tantalizing beads of condensation will roll lazily down each bottle, each dark, amber, container reveling in it's own frostiness.

As I stand there trying to think of what question to ask first, someone will slam the door shut behind me and Surly's car will pull up behind mine, trapping my car in the driveway.

Then I'll have to choose.

But until that day...

Sono Molto Confuso: L'italiano di Erin. Mah, che dico?

As I leave Italian class today, I approach my classmate Erin. I've never really talked to her before. "I have a question for you," I say. "Where did you find the design for your turtle?" (Erin has a sea turtle tattooed on her right foot.)

She laughs. "I drew it myself. Why do you ask?"

"Well, I've been thinking about getting a tattoo like that, but I haven't been able to find a design I really liked."

"Well, I actually got the basic design from a sticker," she admits. "I can bring you some stickers, if you want," she says in a teasing tone.

"That would be fine by me. I got the design for my tattoo from a refrigerator magnet."

She laughs.

We're both going the same direction so we walk and talk a little more. We then go our separate ways.

As I drive home in the foreign silence of my newly stereo-less car, I find my thoughts returning to our short conversation.

What kind of person gets a tattoo from a sticker? That's just...just...

Very intriguing.

I'm not one to tell people what to do, but I highly suggest reading Beno's latest entry as quickly as possible. I say this because it might be getting even more diabolically hysterical as we speak, thus becoming a danger to read.

And blame this on Lauren Henschen, she's the one that keeps finding these things:
Brave New Gurg by mintyduck
Who will play you:Will Smith
Who will play your love interest:Claire Forlani
Weeks you will stay in the box office:1, then you'll be knocked out of the top spot by "Batman: Year One"
Song that will play during your shockingly graphic love scene:Wilco - I'm the Man Who Loves You
Song that will play during your death, journey to Hell, and then subsequent return as a wise-cracking zombie:Radiohead - Climbing Up The Walls
Your name:
Created with quill18's MemeGen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.