Wednesday, July 16, 2003

I don't believe in soul mates, since I haven't seen anything that has convinced me to believe in souls. But the idea of a soul mate is intriguing. Couldn't there be "evil" soul mates, like Bonnie and Clyde?

I stick with the Dalai Lama on this one, that longevity and happiness in a relationship (we'll call it love) are best brought about by a mutual commitment to growth. A good relationship should be fearless, flexible, and ready for anything, like a ninja, or perhaps an Olympic level gymnast.

I don't know many ninjas, or even gymnasts.

And I thank you for your insight, Dana. I needed it. It kept me in my musing state, which is much better for me mentally and physically than brooding is. (You see, proper brooding requires a very low level of light and I usually end up stubbing my toe or stepping on a CD case, neither of which has ever helped my mood.)

****

In other news, my good friend Brian Goldstein didn't die today, and that makes me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.