Friday, June 27, 2003

English 101

navonoodle: Oh yeah, just a note, and this is just my humble opinion, but the word "conjectures" on your blog sounds a little pretentious :)

AlwaysEphemeral: You may be right about "conjectures". But it is tough finding a suitable word that becomes plural with just adding an "S".
AlwaysEphemeral: Wait, I am pretentious!
AlwaysEphemeral: And I swear Jay-Z used it in a rap.
AlwaysEphemeral: Hell, maybe I'll just buy a thesaurus.

navonoodle: hehe
navonoodle: Entry Word: conjecture
Function: noun
Text: Synonyms THEORY 2, perhaps, speculation, suppose, supposition
Antonyms fact

AlwaysEphemeral: I know, I looked it up.

navonoodle: Speculations? hah

AlwaysEphemeral: Because I could be lying, you don't know.
AlwaysEphemeral: Unless you were there, of course...
AlwaysEphemeral: then you could blow my entire cover.
AlwaysEphemeral: You know too much, Donovan.

The moral of the story is: 'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to start a blog and remove all doubt.

Or you could just spill an entire grande hot chai in front of a bunch of cute girls. That's a great way to look foolish, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.