Sunday, May 04, 2003

The midnight hour finds me shakily recuperating from the festivities of the previous evening wth a veggie burger, a bottle of Killian's Irish Red, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. I listen intently to the respective laments of Sally and Jack. I struggle to pinpoint exactly what they are emoting. The feeling of having lost something dear and precious? Or perhaps simply looking for it and never finding it? Or just loneliness, I suppose. The film leaves me with a bittersweet feeling. I really like the movie. It helps remind me that the only place on this planet to find an entire universe is within another human being. The world is big, but not as big as what is inside there. It can be frightening to think that so much can be contained within so small a thing..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.