Monday, May 26, 2003

I'm talking to Brian Goldstein on the phone and he is trying to convince me to have a drink with him. He is in another state, so I would still consider it drinking alone. And drinking alone is alcoholic behavior. I do not wish to check off another warning sign. Hell, I'm already through most of the standard ones such as the aforementioned lone drinking. I'm getting to the really obscure ones, like sitting in a cold shower throwing-up sushi.

I vaguely recall deciding not to drink that much anymore after my birthday. It is possible that someone else might have suggested it. Either way, it was a good idea then and it is a great idea now.

But how I do love to drink.

And it doesn't help that one of my best friends calls me up just to drink over the phone! And Instant Messenger:

AlwaysEphemeral: Here is a deal!
AlwaysEphemeral: I don't get drunk until I come over and visit you.
AlwaysEphemeral: No more than three beers at a time until Cali.
AlwaysEphemeral: Deal?

AZ Film Guy: dude
AZ Film Guy: if you want to steal from yourself i guess
AZ Film Guy: :-P

AlwaysEphemeral: It will motivate me.

AZ Film Guy: i hear someone every day saying 'i gotta take it easy' or 'i gotta stop drinkin'

AlwaysEphemeral: And I said three beers a time.

AZ Film Guy: but they stop and realize...wtf from what we know, we only live once, so fuck it!

AlwaysEphemeral: Shit.
AlwaysEphemeral: Dammit, you're absolutely right.

AZ Film Guy: we don't know for sure if we have an afterlife
AZ Film Guy: so why act like we do
AZ Film Guy: live life like it's your last fuckin day

AlwaysEphemeral: I agree.
AlwaysEphemeral: But perhaps I should try to find other ways to enjoy life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.