Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The monster hunter is retired. As of today. Hang up the armor, put away the weapons, roll up the maps, shelve the ancient tomes. Hunting beasts for so long that everything starts to look like a beast. Bad for the blood. 

Blend back into the crowd. Shuffle along, taking it easy. Enjoy the daylight, and leave the night to others.

*  *  *

Need to make more note cards with reminders to self. Need to stop relying on will power. I'll use "won't" power. It's a joke, see. Harness my obstinance. Hitch up my mulishness to the cart of self-improvement, aka suffering. It's not my preferred method, but it's so ingrained in the fiber of my heartwood that it's the most effective. More positive ways take too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.