Tuesday, November 15, 2016

We made breakfast burritos at work for Ben's birthday. I was in charge of the potatoes. I cheated, of course, and bought hash browns. Cooked them on the skillet we have in the break room, and once they're crispy I throw them in the pan with the rest of the eggs and chorizo and break them up with the spatula. Then you got soft potato and crispy bits too.

Ben was happy, and I was full. It was good.

Last night I dreamed Lauren and I were watching "Solaris", the 2002 film. The character Kelvin had a short white beard that he did not have in the film in the waking world. I reached through the television and patted his beard. "I guess this movie was made 15 years ago," I said. Lauren flipped around and watched the tv upside down and laughed.

I looked up the film today and saw that my dream-self was off by a year. Pretty close, but still wrong.

Solaris speaks of mirrors. Borges writes of mirrors. I dream of mirrors. What do you see when you look in the mirror? A man? A human? A mirror, I said.

I just see a mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.