Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Experiment Day 2. Note to self: Remove the tiny clock on the corner of the screen. It tasks me.

A massive white pickup truck with a license plate that says "SHADWFX". I didn't see the driver, but I either love them or hate them.

Noise-canceling headphones were expensive, but worth it. They put in a solid 6 hours of work every day. The Bose run backup duty when it's quiet, usually in the early morning and following afternoon potlucks.

Reading...nothing right now. Finished a collection of short stories. "Story of Your Life" by Ted Chiang. Probably keep it next to the Borges and the Vonnegut on the nightstand. They would get along. Or they have already gotten along. They are getting along?

Cloudbursts of rain, dusty and abrasive at first. The second rainfall, often in the evening, cleanses. We all sparkle.

Can I do this? Can I keep doing...this? The hours are available. There are wasted moments in a pile in the closet next to dirty laundry and unfolded but clean towels. Remember how to build. Top-down, of course. Hoist the most important sails, lash them to the highest mast, then build the boat beneath the wind and sea as we sail.

There are no long days, she reminded me.

Her gentle admonishments lie, unfolded, in the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.