Tuesday, April 15, 2008




The rest of the story is coming. It's just becoming a little bigger than I expected. But everything is falling into place. It's funny, I got halfway through it when I realized I was writing a parody of the Twilight series while telling my own story. I'm mockingly mimicking the style, I think, but the story is going to highlight the absurdities of that series, if that's even possible.

I read the first book. It wasn't terrible. I thought exactly like this when I was a lad in high school. Holy shit we have the same CDs in our car! You display more than two visible emotional states! You have awkward family moments and qualms about existence! ME TOO! Bam, love.

And of course, vampires that glitter. Yes sir, these mighty children of the night light up such as a disco ball when they enter sunlight.

Weak.

Even those pansy Anne Rice vampires could whoop up these guys and not even muss up their ruffles.

Yes, the first story I've written in a long time is motivated entirely by spite. That's why I have to finish it.

I have only my laptop at my parent's house on which to work. This is a benefit because any social networking site I might be tempted to visit takes forever to load up. This laptop is old, but it dogs on. I respect that. I prefer it anyway. Nostalgia. The first blog I ever posted was on that laptop. That was, what, five years ago? Yeah, the blog's fifth birthday just passed. I think.

I didn't get it anything. It's been a while since we actually spoke. I guess it's not cool for blogs to talk to their authors once they reach a certain age.

But I must rest. Tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.