Tuesday, February 19, 2008





Unemployment has been kicking me down the gravelly path of self-discovery. I've discovered that left to my own devices I yearn to do little more than sleep, read, and drink weak tea with honey. Glutton tendencies have all but vanished. I can't even remember the last time I ate. I thought I wanted to drink myself stupid but a single beer was enough to satisfy me. I've even gone to a few bars lately and ordered...water.

I recall saying that having only one drink was a sure sign that I was not myself but a doppelganger that should be caught and waterboarded until it revealed my true whereabouts.

Heh, maybe it's just working that makes me an alcoholic. I've discovered the cure!

But I may be getting bitter. Earlier today I joked that since my firing, I've got more time on my hands than Heath Ledger's masseuse.

I immediately regretted it. But I didn't erase it.

Anger makes me joke like that. I loved Heath Ledger and the only way I can deal with it is to make terrible, terrible jokes. It's what any true student of The Joker would have wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.