Monday, October 29, 2007



It is not a rare occasion where I drunkenly blog and/or make absolutely no sense.

What is unusual is when I don't remember having done so.

David D. was right on to ask what I was drinking. I will answer. It was a delightful rum called Sailor Jerry. It is a higher proof than the average rum and uses a cherry flavoring. It goes down smooth.

It is dangerous.

I have been a slave to my bakery and Arizona Jewish Theatre Company for the last month and have had exactly one chance to indulge in drink. I had a few beers and felt horrible the next day so I vowed not to drink again until I had the next day completely free to wallow in my misery. That opportunity was last night and that day is today.

I rather regret my drunken post as there is a bit of a menace to them. I assure you I was in a good mood. As is not terribly uncommon, I began to sing Sarah McLachlan lyrics. This particular time I chose Building A Mystery. It's one of her edgier songs. I like it a lot and it will play at my funeral.

The last couple of posts were inspired by me trying to be an artistic enough person to win the heart of Sarah McLachlan. That may never happen but that doesn't mean I won't stop trying.

I can picture it now: Sarah will be randomly googling her own lyrics and stumble on my blog. She will be captivated by my brilliant use of the letter W in my tag for the post. If that doesn't win her heart, my gratuitous use of caps will.

I hope she will overlook my tsunami reference. Too soon, Lopez. Too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.