Sunday, September 30, 2007




My day in two summarized exchanges:

"Hey everyone, this is Guillermo. He does theatrical lighting for a living and is here to help us. I'm glad you're here Guillermo!"

"Yes, I am Guillermo and everything you have heard is true; I am indeed an expert in this particular service or product."

Nine hours later:

"Great job today, Guillermo. Sorry about everything, it's just been crazy around here. It's so good to finally have someone who knows what they're doing."

"No problem. No problem at all."

So far. I have to play out this ruse for a few more weeks. In the meantime, I have a long list of terms and equipment I hastily scribbled down when no one was looking. I'm not too worried. Hell, by the end of the day I had already trained three people how to operate the equipment I was still learning myself.

This is why everyone should read Catch Me If You Can. Ethics of bank fraud aside, it's about doing your absolute best with whatever you have.

Now I must rest. It's another long day tomorrow, and I have found that being an expert is quite exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.