Tuesday, March 14, 2006



The simple things in life can bring the greatest pleasure. Like...hydrogen?

I'm actually talking about having no idea where your roommates are but knowing they aren't around the house and I'm no longer under the social pressure of having to wear clothing.

It's like Gurgs Gone Wild around here except I am mostly doing stuff like eating breakfast, doing laundry, washing dishes, noticing for the first time that a lot of our windows don't seem to have any drapes, waving to the neighbors, etc.

Gurgs Gone Domestic?

My current project is organizing my room. I have the smallest room in the house (which may lead you to believe that I didn't get first pick of rooms, but I did) and it isn't even shaped like a normal room. Kind of a Tetris thing going on with crazy angled ceilings.

The room was an addition to the house but despite being small and oddly shaped it is away from the living areas and the other three bedrooms. I also am a few steps away from my own bathroom (which is also the guest bathroom during parties) and in between is sort of a narrow, rectangular Arizona room. I guess it would be the long piece and the bathroom would be the square. Sweeeet.

What? Oh, but there's a couch in there and my bookshelves and the ferret and Mollie's leopard gecko named Puppy (who bit me the other day) and, during parties, it also serves as a dance floor.

Which brings me to my point. My younger brother, Donaldo, has a friend whose grandmother is moving in with her son. She was kind enough to offer Donaldo almost any piece of furniture he wanted and, in accordance with the Distributive Property of Lopezes, anything I wanted. I made the difficult choice to abandon my futon and replace it with a twin bed. It's smaller, but it's also extra-long so I think I'll be fine. I would usually sleep right at the edge of my futon anyway when I wasn't sleeping on it in couch form.

I also picked up a coffee table and end table. As I carried them to the truck, I realized that I had seen these tables before. Well, not these exact tables but a lighter-colored version of the same model. When I had my very first apartment, my friend Garrett's uncle was moving into a new house with his wife and had offered us any furniture we would be willing to haul away.

Now they've found their way home.

It is a bit unsettling to me.

Now it is time for Guillermo's Daily Math Question!*

The Distributive Property of Lopezes (in which x=furniture):

xD+G=xG+(xD/x)

The math may not appear to be right to all you people that actually "understand" "abstract concepts" but I assure you that if you take into account the recent breakthroughs in Quantum Lopez String Cheese Theory, all the numbers line up like a nice straight line of Tetris.

*Guillermo's Daily Math Question does not claim to be daily, math, or an actual question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.