Friday, August 05, 2005



I have just emerged victorious from the electronic melee that is registering for classes at ASU. This morning at 7 o'clock sharp, all the students that had registered for classes but had not yet paid tuition were dropped. This opened up many classes that had previously been full. Thus, myself and all the other students who hadn't thought about what classes to take before this week were ready and waiting to register online before classes filled up again.

As I said, I emerged victorious. I did fail to get one of the classes I wanted, so I suffered the electronic-melee-equivalent of losing an arm.

Ah, well. I can always take a singing class or something else that doesn't require two arms.

The television set has been blaring local news at my back. A few moments ago, when I heard the space shuttle Discovery is preparing to return to Earth, my ears perked up. But when the news anchor described the cargo the shuttle was returning with, I cocked my head in confusion. Included among the research and equipment is all the garbage from the space station.

Now, I'm no space-knowing-stuff-about-guy, but isn't this one of those time when it would be okay to just fire off the garbage in the direction of, I don't know, let's say...anywhere?

But I digress.

My classes should be good. I'll be taking Fire History Ecology which is taught by the world's leading expert on fire. My hope is that I'll be able to contribute more to the conversation than just Smokey the Bear anectdotes when Sibbitt and I discuss his forest service work.

I wonder if this guy smokes?

I've just realized that I have failed to see if any writing classes have opened up. Looks like it's once more into the breach, dear friends. If I don't make it back...eh, I'll make it back.


Update: At Jaden's gentle urging, I dropped my pants in celebration as I successfully registered for my writing class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.