Friday, December 31, 2004

Guillermo V. The Corporate Lifestyle (Part 17)


The past couple days have been interesting. I've been coming to terms with two painful facts: I am horribly unhealthy AND I am actually becoming engrossed in my work.


I think that's why I'm subconsciously trying to get fired.


We had a "secret Santa" before the holidays. My present didn't come in time, but I got it yesterday.


It was a StrongBad t-shirt.


I whooped and hollered, hugged my friend Ryan who gave it to me, then I put on the shirt over my long-sleeved button-up shirt. I glared about, trying to look menacing, daring anyone to bring up the fact that Wednesdays are not "Casual Fridays."


No one said anything.


I wore my StrongBad shirt over my work clothes for the rest of the day. I was not bothered by any of my superiors.


I didn't expect them to. A mere half-hour earlier, during break, I had been jumping through puddles in the rain and my kakhi pants were completely soaked.


Today, I was sitting on the floor trying to take apart my desk. I failed miserably. I should have expected failure. The desk had survived many a mail clerk before me and will certainly survive many after me.


However, I managed to get a lot of thick, black grease all over my face and hands. I left it on.


I looked like a rogue mechanic on the warpath.


Again, I got a few odd looks but not a single reprimand.


Which leads me to the conclusion that either I can get away with whatever I want...or nothing I do really matters.


Either way, it should be interesting.


I guess only time will tell. That or my inter-office e-mail.


I hate insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.