Friday, October 24, 2003

I'm waiting for my laundry to get clean, so I'll try some more of this picture stuff.

At work, my friend Carla asked me, "Were you like, a dork when you were younger"

I had to laugh. "Are you saying I'm not a dork now?"

I'll let the evidence speak for itself:


Sixth Grade Gurg:



Eight Grade Gurg:





I found this program that can simulate the aging process and show you what you might look like after a couple of decades. I sent in the above pictures and it gave me an interesting result that I don't think is very accurate:





I would never grow a mustache like that.

Damn, I didn't close the lid on the washing machine and my clothes have been sitting merrily in luke-warm water for the past thirty minutes. I am the smartest man alive!

When I worked at Gold's Gym, I had a lot of free time. A lot of it was spent reading, but occasionally I would grab some old magazines, cut 'em up, and try to make something neat. I really like this for some reason:




In the upper right hand corner it says, "The sage is full of anxiety and indecision in undertaking anything, and thus he is always successful. -Book XXVI, The Texts of Chuang-Tzu."

Deep, huh? I can completely picture that guy sitting there just weighing things over in his mind. Heh, and I like the quote because it is probably the antithesis of my own spontaneous nature. Wait, maybe that would explain why I'm always so unsuccessful in my undertakings...

But the fun thing about this...collage, I guess is what it is, is that, the corner of the paper with the quote about the sage actually folds up, and there is a poem underneath, written on a triangle of paper. It's just more midnight scribblings, but I think it reflects one of the different moods this image projects for me:

You would turn your back on this world?
Resignation in your hand
You catch a glimpse before your eyes blur
Of all your castles in the sand

And you would turn your back on this world
Resignation in your mind
Certain of everything you're leaving
But not so sure of what you'll find

And I will mourn you here on this world
I will try to understand
As alone I watch the waves curl
Wherever oceans meet the land


Yes, and on that note: One of my favorite movies is The Fifth Element (which is funny because I didn't really like it the first time I saw it.) David DoBell has done it once again. That guy is going to put imagination out of business, just you watch. I'm still trying to convince him to make a picture of me in Lilu's "Thermal Bandages." I don't know why he's so against the idea.

Oh, I think my laundry is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.