Thursday, March 18, 2021

Spent part of yesterday looking up zoning laws. Hypothetically, would I be allowed to keep a large replica of a ship in my backyard? If it were a non-permanent structure, technically a vehicle, with some sweet sails that could be flown and double as shade? 

Maybe if I called it an RV? Throw some wheels on it. Or get a trailer, license that badboy, and then build it on the trailer?

I guess I would need a work shop of some kind. Oh, and this would look like an old whaling ship, of course. Look, it's going to be fancy deck. Conceptually that the ground is the ocean and the ship is sitting submerged in the dirt. Hang out on the ship. Relax. Maybe get a giant try-pot. 

But the zoning...

There are some pretty relaxed rules about animal enclosures. Maybe if I kept a chicken in there or something...

There's no house behind us; maybe I could just buy an old ship and have a crane plop it into my backyard. Done and done. 

Now I just have to hope that no one asks me why I'm doing this...because I don't really know. I want to be able to look outside and see a ship? Perhaps upon that ship, I may spy a whale. Perhaps that whale will have a white hump, and almost certainly I will give chase. It is my nature. But unlikely, to find one singular whale amongst the vast wideness of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.