Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Not sure how long it's been since I've been on my rice-and-bean primary foodstuff kick. It's been nice. I make good beans (the secret ingredient is garlic). I also really enjoy not thinking about what to eat. I still love food of all kinds, of course; the difference now is that I can focus eating foods I enjoy simply because I enjoy them, and the food is not burdened with having to sustain me as well. 

Oh yeah, I got a stimulus check. I used it to pay off some debt. Strange feeling. In the back of my head I know that debt I hold costs me money, but I'm good at ignoring the feeling. Now that I'm not focused on ignoring that feeling, I guess I can ignore something else.

Then what?

I need to remind myself that it's a false sense of security. Or rather, it's some security, which is great, but as we've seen how quickly everything falls apart, I shouldn't get cocky. 

I still feel like doing something. To fight this, I'll set goals that have to be accomplished first. If I want a new giant TV, I need to organize all my tools and all the stuff in the shed first. If I really want it, then I should be willing to work for it. 

I bought a fez.

Or rather, I ordered a fez. It's got a neat scarab on it. Scarabs represent the cycle of life and the heavens, because they push around balls of dung and a big piece of shit rolling along is an excellent metaphor for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.