Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Cell Phone Tuesday #1


Took today off and got my first Covid vaccination. I feel fine. I'm not supposed to lift weights for a couple days. I'll heed that advice since this is the first one of these I've ever had. I'm still going to walk today. Because I must walk every day. 

I'm on the couch relaxing now. Thoughts drift back to yesterday about what I would do with my free time. This apparently. I may do some yard work. Just a little. The weeds springing up in the front yard after the recent rains. 

I thought of paying one of my nephews to do it. I could still do that. 

Have I talked about being Mixtec? I thought I did. My sister took her DNA test and got fifty percent Native American, specifically Mixtec (miz-tek, although Mix-tech would be a cool robot race.) 

Maybe I will get my own DNA test. Curious as to my own mix. Since I'm an odd combination of phenotypes. My dad's side is tall (for Mexicans), lean, lighter-skinned, with very little body hair, and my mom's side is short, stocky, swarthy, and dark brown. I'm the tallest in my family at a whopping 5 foot 11 (in shoes; last time I was really measured I think I was five ten and a half). I've got a long torso, thick stocky legs, and elegantly marbled shoulders. I've got a large head with a bulbous forehead, reminiscent of the larger simians or more ninja-ey of turtles. 

I believe with the right level of tan, I could pass for black, Asian, or Italian, as well. At least enough to convince people who are not of that race. 

Just need to fool them long enough to get through dinner and then once my belly is full, I will make me escape. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.