Wednesday, January 06, 2021

I'm so used to consuming media and being able to view the comments on it to see what other people think. I'm proud that this blog is one of the last bastions of comment-free content. Not by choice, but still. 

This blog was born in 2003, making it 17 years old. The same age I was when I joined the army. I hope this blog doesn't do anything rash. Does the army still let 17-year-olds join, I wonder? 

I also fired up the Livejournal yesterday. No new content there. I liked that I had a feed of all the latest updates. I could scroll down and read. Good times.

What interesting nonsense. I feel like because Livejournal and early Blogger felt unpolished, it was freeing. Now I've got all these fancy formatting options and video embedding. Which makes sense, since it was always possible before if I was willing to suffer the HTML coding process. Which meant any pictures I put up, for instance, had to be ones I really cared about because I would have to host them at another site and then link to that, which took like an extra 4 steps and I was so, so lazy.

Also my laptop back then was incredibly slow, so that was a challenge. But a good one, because it was harder to get distracted. 

I'm feeling nostalgia, I think, although I'm starting to doubt if it was for the tech. Maybe it was because I was much more open earlier on? I shared a lot more. I think I did. What if I felt a lot more? That's a possibility. 

Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.