Friday, November 10, 2017

Move forward, gather materials, tinker, make something you don't like, tinker, find something you do like about it, build on that, give it legs to stand on, let it run around a bit.

Might be nice to build a little office. Lots of screens. Because I like screens.

Multiple compys. Research one, the other not online at all. Only for typing in the green screen typing program I have. I could pull that off. Somehow.

I was reading a story about the effect of the proposed tax overhaul. There are people with incomes of $150,000 to $200,000 per year that are concerned about the loss of deductions. My instinct is to scoff, which is wrong of me. This whole system is designed to get me to live slightly above my means, regardless of what those means are. It doesn't want me to save money, it wants me to pump every cent into some material possession. Which makes sense, because that's what I kind of want to do anyway.

We make more money, we incur greater costs. More expensive cars, bigger houses, every gaming console. So yes, I imagine life would be easy if I made $200,000 a year. Meanwhile, my teen self making 5.25 an hour working part time at a thrift store and making like $300 a month would be astounded by my current pay rate and wonder how I ever run out of money.

Teen-self didn't have a mortgage or have to buy food, just pay for car insurance and gas.

Now here I am, making more than triple that and still feeling about the same in regards to my bank account. I feel broke, despite my luxurious lifestyle. Because there's more to be had.

Money doesn't solve money problems, I've heard. I'll try to remind myself of that more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.