Thursday, September 26, 2024

who took the sun

This is a draft, I think. Some story idea, or a fragment of something already written,  temporarily separated from the pack. 

Through the haze comes enough light for lichen and moss. The whole world in the crepuscular zone. Everywhere though, there is no nightfall. 

How

The only way for that to work... The world would have to be a hollow sphere around a star, like a Dyson sphere. Would that work? With gravity and all that, because the star would pull them toward the center. The sphere could spin. But no, it wouldn't be uniform. Centrifugal force acting as gravity would push everything to the "equator", I think, so a person walking towards the north or south "poles" would start to get pulled backwards, headfirst. 

I think. 

I'm at the point where I'm not sure I know what I'm imagining. 

No wonder these types of stories always have some kind of artificial gravity generator. Who needs physics when you've for science magic. 


1 comment:

  1. 2 (or more) suns? Maybe a layer of gas or debris between stars and planet to ensure prescribed level of duskiness?

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions, topic suggestions, and your vote for worst sentence can be made here: