Thursday, May 27, 2021

I'm going to miss not being the only one in the office. I'll have to play my music in my headphones again instead of just through my phone speakers. I liked having uncluttered ears, dang it.

The treadmill walking was nice yesterday. Emma came on to the chat and we talked for a bit. Really took my mind of the actual walking which was nice. I'm steadily building back to where I was before the Tiki convention.

Did I mention I was propositioned (sexually) at the convention? A pretty blonde woman who appeared a bit drunk came up to me and said "So what do you want to do?" I asked her what she meant. She said "I'm here, you're here, so what do you want to do?" I did what I usually do and began discussing philosophy. "It is bad when one thing becomes two" and I think I brought up Tolstoy "What is not given to man is to know his own needs". She kept turning the conversation back to saucier topics. What puzzled me was that her husband was sitting right there. He looked completely out of it and was slumped in a chair in the hotel lobby. She had gestured to him early in the conversation and said something like "Look at my husband; he's useless!" 

After going around and around for a bit, I asked if she would like a hug. She said she would. I gave her a big hug and said it was nice talking to her. Then I went back to my hotel room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.