Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Sometimes I promise myself I will keep my mouth shut and then I don't. There's a story about that, someone on a quest to capture a magical being from somewhere, and the being (which is usually harmless) can't escape their bonds unless the person speaks. So the person is carrying the being down from their mountain or whatever in a basket or something and the being starts telling a story. By the end of the story, the person forgets themselves and speaks their opinion on the story. Then the being escapes.

I think the key to this is that the being is harmless, or at least of no threat to the captor. Perhaps the element of real harm coming the person might be enough to get them to keep their mouth shut.

Perhaps not. It doesn't seem to for me.

At least on these Zoom meetings I can keep myself muted. Easy. 

I'm tempted to write about my weight. I've kept steady on my daily exercise, and I'm not on a diet, other than limiting meat. For Sir Attenborough. I'm at the lowest weight I've been in more than a couple years. And my legs are hella strong. These gams be walking machines. 

It's tough, though, that my body really wants to gain back the weight. I can see where I spent a week in New Orleans where I gained ten pounds in seven days. I wasn't even eating as much as I wanted to. It's just the way things are now. 

The strength of muscle and cardiovascular health still benefit, despite the number on the scale. I have an allegedly smart scale that measures muscle mass and water and stuff as well as my actual weight. I try to pay attention to those more. It's not a perfect instrument, but I figure I can still track trends. One interesting thing is that it says I have a higher-than-average bone density. Um, cool? I can sustain more crush damage, I suppose. Plus 5 resistance to blunt weapons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.