Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Facebook reads everything you type, even if you don't publish it. At least that's what I've heard. Word on the street. Probably Blogger does too. That autosave function is a triple-edged sword. 

It's probably a treasure trove of bad jokes. 

It's not something I would like to see of my own writing. I would have great interest in such a visual representation of some novels. Watching a page of say, I don't know, Moby Dick being hammered out. 

It would be a novelty, not so much a deep insight into the writing process. Personally, I think of something, write it out, look at it, and then edit it or move on. 

Most times I skip the first step entirely. And the third step. That's when I'm writing happiest. Or emotionalist? Really it's that I have no objective. Nothing I wish to happen in my mind, or anyone else's. Hence the digital rubbish heap of bad jokes being hauled away on an electronic barge to another continent that still has room for all the e-waste. 

Oh, that's right, I was thinking of how useful it might be to share my years of writing with my brain doctor. Might be of minimal value. Except for the algorithms that could measure word choice and whatnot, grammatical and spelling errors, as a measure of mental decline. Or incline. Maybe I get smarter, better, eloquenter. 

As a self-critic, I would have to make the algorithm account for me getting less interesting overall and how that would reflect in my writing. See, for example I said less interesting instead of less conflicted. Conflict makes for interesting stories, which is maybe why I would find myself less interesting. It's not a negative. There's also the other aspect of being open. Heart on my sleeve, that sort of thing. Do I feel less open? I'm not sure. I want to say yes, but there's also that, honestly, I feel like I've said so much before, and I don't like saying things again. 

Probably I'm not able to accurately judge that about myself. You're up, Algorithm. Do your thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.