Friday, December 18, 2020

Watching blooper reels of comedy shows laughing during their own bits. I'm in the Hugh Laurie school of thought that says you should be miserable when making comedy. Having fun is a bad sign. 

Which makes sense to me. When you're having fun, things seem funnier than they are. This is different from the work being rewarding. It's also different from performing with someone who is genuinely making you laugh from their performance. 

Still not a good sign. 

* * *

I ended up just asking my mom what she would like for Christmas. She said she wanted Miss Dior perfume or a duster for her window blinds. Dammit Mom. I got her the perfume.

* * *

I still sing songs to Watson. After ten years of inserting his name into whatever random song pops into my head, I don't expect this to stop anytime soon. I suppose his ashes are in our house, so technically he's still around, but I don't think of his ashes as him. It does amuse me how odd it would seem to an outside observer. Singing to the ashes of my hound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.