Tuesday, November 24, 2020

 There is one comic on Instagram to which I subscribe that is about friendly characters having pleasant adventures. Like a frog making a bowl of soup, or a mouse learning magic to conjure cheese. A turnip that comes to life and makes friends with everyone. 

Mostly the other comics I follow are not like that.

Time to think about what I want for Christmas. Shelving? Yeah, I think that's it. And a dishwasher. Maybe a new bed frame. 

Bun-Bun keeps sneaking up on the bed at night. I think she gets cold because she snuggles up against me. And then spends ten minutes trying to get comfortable. 

I kick her out eventually, but I appreciate the sentiment.

Speaking of dogs, our usual vet has all sorts of anti-Covid precautions in place so euthanasia will be tricky. Fortunately, this is Arizona and there are at-home pet euthanasia services that will still show up. It's hard to intellectualize the idea, since it's my Watson dog. I am very familiar with the process, and I know it's an incredibly quick process. It's the pentobarbital injection, the dog passes out almost instantly, and then in a minute or two they die. 

The speed was surprising to me the first time I witnessed the process. I expect I'll weep. I should dig a grave tonight. Yeah, I can put mulch and stuff over it. Then when it breaks down, I can put his bones in an ossuary until we figure out his final spot. 

Then we'll make a statue of him. And when you sniff it, it will bite your face. He'd love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.