Tuesday, November 24, 2020

 Mostly lies, but they're draped on a skeleton of truth.

There are shoes on my feet but they never feel snug enough. I'll find the person who's bringing tomorrow and ask them what they know.

Knock on the door but I already know who's there.

I dreamed I opened my clothes washer and found a mass of tangled string. "That can't be good for the filter," I thought.

There was a woman who said it was just easier to believe in every god.

Two general conflicts: Person wants to change, but can't. Person doesn't want to change, but must. Fold together with wooden spatula in large metal bowl, and season to taste.

I remember carrying my babies and I miss it. 

She stole me with her laugh. 

Blogger has new formatting tools, like "Paragraph" where one swift thump on the Return key adds a space. I turned it off and went back to the old way. 
I formats hows I wants to formats, dang it.

I read a comic called "Sweet Tooth" by Jeff Lemire. Published by Vertigo, those old scamps. I forget how I heard of it, but I remember being intrigued by the premise of a half-boy/half-deer just trying to get by in a world of angry humans. Immediately I hunted for a plot summary and explanation, the "why" of the story. I didn't find it. I ended up buying all the books and reading it. I'm not saying that knowing the central mystery would have changed my enjoyment of the book, but I'm glad I didn't know it.

So if you're out there hunting for the meaning of Sweet Tooth and why children are suddenly being born as half-animal hybrids, I say to you STOP! 

There is a reason, but that's not the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.