Tuesday, April 20, 2021

The depression looms larger. I puff myself up, like a puff adder, or a pufferfish, so that I appear even larger. I just learned that most species of snake only have one working lung, usually the right. 

I have more tips about writer's block: Try to write the worst sentence ever. Like "He crossed the room." But make it more like "Bedecked in jangling trinkets, the man galumphed breathlessly across the foyer and up the flight of stairs to his hotel room. Halfway up, he paused to fan himself furiously with a palm leaf he had torn from one of the decorative brass urns at the entrance. He then glanced about in a theatrically furtive way, and realizing the other guests were avoiding any eye contact, resumed his climb."

And of course, he gets one of our terrible names. Hmm... Dropsy Oafpepper.

Yes, that should do it.

Do what, you say? I don't remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.