Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Yesterday was the day. I received my second dose of Pfizer vaccine. Number-ologists used their Babbage's Difference Engines to calculate that I should be 92.7% infection-resistant in about 7 light-cycles.

This doesn't mean I can go hog-wild and breathe on everyone, because it's still not clear how contagious I might be if I get exposed and get slight, unnoticeable viral replication in my body before my own immune system clears it out. 

And of course...the mutations. All those poor saps espousing herd immunity as if evolution wasn't a thing. Let's get herd immunity for the flu, they might say. Oh wait, it's not mutating beyond the ability to ever achieve herd immunity? Who could have seen that coming? [Evolution looks askance from its comfy armchair in the corner.]

After my shot, the twins came over and watched Ridley Scott's Alien. They enjoyed it. On Saturday, we will watch Aliens, aka Alien 2: Electric Boogaloo.

All this movie watching is giving me the urge to get a larger TV. No, I tell myself, ya don't need a larger TV. Yes, I say back, I know I don't need it, but I want it." Then I fight myself or try to distract myself by reminding me that I want a greyhound and hey the cost of a large screen OLED TV is probably enough to get a greyhound. 

Today's experiment is that I brought beans and rice for lunch. To give me more energy on my afternoon exercises. It's a bad experiment because it's been 24 hours since my shot and I'm much more likely to have some symptoms of tiredness, chills, and headaches. I feel fine so far. Although I am lazy so any excuse not to have to work out today is probably enough for me to curl up in bed. Then again, I have a reputation to uphold in the online multiplayer community. As the guy who's not very good but damn if he isn't foolishly consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.