Thursday, February 25, 2021

Been thinking about my dog, Watson. I was looking up images of greyhound/pitbull mixes. I learned that a sighthound mixed with working dog is referred to as a "lurcher." The fifteen minutes of internet research I did indicates that the dog is meant to have the hunting ability of the sighthound with increased cleverness.

It was the preferred hound of poachers. That's my boy. 

Watson probably ruined me as any kind of trainer of dogs. He was very good at figuring out what I wanted him to do. Not that he would necessarily do it, but he understood. With these new pups I expect them to understand what I want but no, they do not. They are dog's dogs. 

How fascinating to be a dog. Essentially a biological robot. Bred for generations by another species who doesn't entirely know what they're doing. 

In other news, a puppy was born with six legs and is still alive. Getting closer to my dream of a doggo-pillar. Then we can get to work on the cater-cat-pillar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.