Friday, January 29, 2021

Was I saying reality is my escapism? 

Took this quiz from a comic artist I follow on Instagram:  

https://uquiz.com/quiz/dGkWX5?p=527033


Your Result:

Elaine Miller

You're laid back, with a protective streak for those you care about (which is, though you'll never admit it, almost everyone). You're practically the founder of the stupidcore aesthetic. Despite the fact that you talk with your mouth full and operate on a philosophy of kick-first-ask-questions-later, you're a great person to hang out with. And you have tons of potential -- just clean up all the water bottles from around your bed. What you also have, though, is an unimaginable amount of repressed yearning. Your inability to take yourself seriously may just make it harder to cope when all of those feelings clothesline you one day.
Sparked a few thoughts.  Repressed yearning? Me? As in, there's yearning I want to do but I refuse to allow myself, or that I am feeling the yearning and repressing it? Probably the latter. The former doesn't make much sense and why would anyone think that.

I don't know what a stupidcore aesthetic is. Also I don't keep a water bottle by my bed. I used to, but now I just go to bed extremely hydrated, then grab a drink when I have to get up to use the bathroom.

Also, I happen to take myself very seriously. I suppose I also believe I take myself far too seriously and try to keep that in mind, but I don't believe these things are at odds. Not most of the time anyway. I consider myself a recovering Romanticist, in that I like the ideas but they're still just ideas. These things have "-ism" tacked on to the end of them for a reason. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.