Friday, January 22, 2021

I've been extremely productive this morning. At work, I mean. Not sure why. It is Friday; usually I'm a bit more lackadaisical. Maybe it's because I feel less of a need to check the news to make sure some terrible thing isn't happening because of our current president. I had forgotten what having a normal boring dull administration was like. 

I'm still paranoid enough that I don't completely discount the possibility that this was the plan all along, to return to the status quo and have us feeling grateful for it. Trickle-upwards economics.

And what will I do next. Keep working of course. Suffer my forty hours, and live in relative comfort the rest. Faraday cage. Bottled tempest. Annoyed armadillo. 

I've been meaning to write a relationship guide for my nephews. Or not a guide exactly; a charted path of what I've observed in myself. Initially, being myself attracts someone, then I got self-conscious and clammed up afraid to express myself and basically becoming boring. I'm talking early on, early teenage dating. The challenges of lacking agency in your life will affect relationships too. Still, it's good practice because things are never fully under your control. People have to move while they're adults, too. I don't know. Mulling it over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.