Tuesday, January 12, 2021

"Everyone wants to have written, but nobody wants to write." -Quote from that video I was watching about writing inspiration. I used to do this thing where I'd run through the alphabet and write a word or phrase. Let's try it.

Argon, the tastiest element! Brevity, the soul of wit because people have a remarkably short attention span and will lose interest in what another person is saying almost immediately. Chocolate. Delta. Echo. Fonetic alphabet. Guillermo (not me, this other Guillermo). Hapless. Indignant. Jocular. Kelp. Live Action Role Play. Mishmash. Neckerchief. Ossuary. Polenta. Quip. Resuscitate. Swirling the water a bit with my hands, but not swimming. Takeout polenta for dinner. Unctuous. Verifiable. Wit, the body of brevity. Xenon, the tastiest element! Yip yip yooray. Zygotes ate my neighbors. 

Now that there's not a blank page staring at me, I can really cut loose. Raise the mainsail. Unfurl the spinnaker. 

Jib. Jib! Jib? Where's the jib?! Oh it left? Things to do, very busy today? Lots of jive un-jibbed to catch up on? Of course, of course; I knew that all along.  

Moby Dick is an allegory for a story that isn't an allegory. 

My friend's dogs might come over to play. They've met before, but the puppies were much smaller. Now that the puppies are bigger, they may feel more confident about playing with the other dogs. They certainly are confident playing with each other. Half the time they sound like they're going to kill each other. Typical siblings, I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.