Monday, December 07, 2020

Tonight we will waltz, the steps the same, the songs on shuffle. 

I've been thinking about consciousness, but not really. My thoughts and my idea of myself as an emergent property of some cobbled-together biochemical components.  I don't feel it's necessary for me to understand the distinction exactly. It could be useful, certainly, but this isn't exactly a brains kind of operation.

Everyone has a secret place in their soul. So that's nice.

I'm running around thinking that if my brain was uploaded into a robot body I'd not consider it the same as the bio-me. Until someone writes a hangry algorithm.

I miss my dog. Even with three other mutts running around, the house feels empty without Watson. 

We picked up his ashes from the animal crematorium. There's a box sitting on a bookshelf with his remains. I don't like the idea of his carbon all locked up. His carbon should be out there causing trouble. 

The idea of someone using my skull for pranks delights me to no end. Maybe have it sitting on the bookshelf and when people come over just hand it to them. Obviously I won't be able to see the expressions on their face when they learn it is my actual factual skull but I can imagine it now. Maybe a robot-me would be useful to have around for that purpose, and only that purpose. I would want it to have a 1950's robot voice. 

"Careful with my skull, you jive turkey!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.