Wednesday, December 30, 2020

I cannot explain the shore. The shore does not need me to explain it. The strand will wind, and so will I, and unwind also, should it please us.

Ocean of ideas stranding.

New Year's Eve approaches. Tomorrow I think will be for staying home and drinking online with friends. That should be fun. 

I dreamed last night. Quite a bit. A somewhat comical bit about people and animals switching minds so the animals were sitting around checking their phones and the people were bounding through meadows. 

In the waking world, there is a vintage/antique shop where fur clothing can be purchased very inexpensively. I pondered the idea of purchasing some, not to to wear, but to make into a kind of book, like a book of carpet samples, but of fur. To be able to feel fox and mink and other animal fur, for science? Seems like a better use of the fur than as a decorative article of clothing. I'm not intrinsically against the use of fur; in my own way I regret my disdain for cotton clothing and my own preference for synthetic materials. No plant-based clothing here, I demand oil. I suppose I do wear my clothing for a very long time; my oldest pair of pants is probably at 8 years?

The Big Book of Portable Animals: For Petting and Pondering

I rode an elephant once. I was excited to touch the animal, but I regret riding it now. I don't know if the elephant was really bothered; this was at the Phoenix Zoo. 

Elephants cost a lot to feed, so maybe charging well-meaning fools for rides isn't too bad in the grand conservation scheme of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.