Friday, November 20, 2020

I wonder if I'll ever see a sperm whale. I'm not wondering what I need to do to see a sperm whale, or the practical steps I could take to see a sperm whale. There are many paths to the sea. Follow a river. Become a marine wildlife photographer. Board the whaling ship of a one-legged monomaniac. I just wonder if I'll ever see one, that's all. 

 Thanksgiving is next week. My families are gathering, although I have chosen not to attend. Kind of sad, as my mother is hosting and she loves Thanksgiving. I think it makes her feel very American. 

 Not that there's any definitive evidence of it, but there is some correlation with mental illness episodes occurring after people recover from Covid. Early on there were some indications of muddled thinking and memory issues when people had the active virus. What I was musing about with my friend Jake was that Americans would probably take the virus a lot more seriously if it didn't just cause death. What if it gave you terrible acne? Or shrank your penis size? Caused you to speak Spanish? Caused your trigger fingers to fall off?

We'd be wearing masks on masks on masks....

"So may the sunrise bring hope Where it once was forgotten. Sons are like birds Flying upward over the mountain."  -song I'm listening to. Because music colors time, and writing colors time too. 

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.