Monday, November 30, 2020

 The city burns. Not my city. Broad Ripple is burning, according to this song. I think maybe this isn't about literal fire.

The house is quieter with only 3 dogs. Watson was the watchdog. Marceline does a decent job, but she lacks the preternatural awareness of any movement outside the house that usually comes standard with dogs. 

The puppies just think everyone is their friend. They also aren't afraid of the vacuum cleaner. Correlation or Causation? This merits further study.

I am at work, and I am busy. End of month is when I am most popular. Hard to get away for even a short break. Hard for most people, anyway. I remember when I used to never take breaks. That was some time ago. I don't regret it; I learned a lot from trying things with all my might. 

I was listening to the "Amelie" soundtrack and looked into the composer, Yann Tiersen. Seems like the association I have with the music as the eternal soundtrack of a whimsical romantic pseudo-Paris is not what he was going for when he wrote the music originally.

Then again, there has always been a deep longing and melancholy in the music, like it was building to a joy that would never come, that I would pick up on sometimes. Like the moment when you wake up from a dream of a loved one that has died. 

Will we come out of this plague different? Seizing the day all over the place? Or will we just go back to living our lives as before. I think of this movie...can't recall right now. The main character says of being a parent "When you have kids, you say you'll do anything for them. The words feel right on you lips. But mostly, you just go on living your life." Something like that. 

Will we rebuild Broad Ripple the same way it was, after it's done burning? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.