Friday, November 17, 2017

I'm in the mood to be in a mood. Lonely and angry and hating myself, not for the feeling but for the inability to channel the feeling. Humans make bad decisions in the throes of passion, or maybe they make less genuine decisions when they consider themselves the most level-headed. Or this is a false dichotomy and there's more here that I'm not seeing.

Perhaps what I'm feeling is the result of all the great deals I found and purchased on Amazon. After the initial surge of satisfaction for getting neat things for low-prices, I fell into despair. Technically, I now owned the things, aside from the slight temporal disparity. Yet, I was no different. Still me, just with a few more things that flood and fire could still easily take away.

I did purchase Star Wars Battlefront 2 for the nephews. It's their birthday present, but it didn't come out until today. I suppose I'll have to set an EA online account or whatever so they can play multiplayer. There's much ado at the moment about Loot Boxes and pay-to-win. However, the nephews don't have a reliable source of income to spend on loot boxes, so grinding it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.