Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Listening to "Penelope" by Pinback. I'm in love with the bass line.

Last night, I listened to a reading of "The Birthmark" by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Melville was a big fan of Hawthorne. Me, not so much. The story isn't bad. Except the last line: "In trying to improve his lovely wife, he had failed to realize she had been perfect all along." It's particularly heavy-handed in an already lead-gloved story. Lugubrious overload.

Perhaps he just knocked it out and didn't give it a second glance. My previous post about baby names was written hastily, as it started as a Facebook comment and then grew out of control. I re-read it and I can see where I had set up some jokes and then failed to deliver a punchline. Ah well. I think I got my point across, even if it was done in a less entertaining fashion. I hear it's good to be stupid once in a while and just create. Too many good reasons not to attempt amazing things.

...I just turned on my Pandora station and it played "Penelope". I was previously listening to it on YouTube. They know too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.