Thursday, October 26, 2017

"I'm on a roll...this time. I feel my luck could change."
-Radiohead aka Classic Rock.

I have an MRI scheduled. It'll be my first. Just checking out my knee; the one that's been hurting since I ran the Whiskey Row Marathon a thousand years ago. Up to now I've been treating it by avoiding running. Mostly works.

The scheduler at the imaging office asked if I had any metals in my body. I told them no, but now I wonder. I guess I'll find out.

They also asked if I was claustrophobic. I am not. I'm regular-phobic of enclosed spaces in my mind. Wait, once I felt claustrophobic when I was putting on a new motorcycle helmet. I had tightened the wrong strap and suddenly I couldn't breathe. It took me a second to get my gloves off so I could loosen the strap, and after I did, I still felt that sense of panic and tore off my helmet. I remember that panic well.

Practicing while panicked is something I should do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.