Monday, March 01, 2004

A Smattering Of Things

I wrote this as a comment on one of my newest and favoritest blogs but thought I'd stick it up here as well.

Writing is not a cop-out.

It is the presentation of an idea that has a permanence that words often lack.

It forces you to commit to a definition or point. It carries more weight because, in general, it takes a little more thought to write something than to say it.

And in written form, it can now be examined, meditated on, and critiqued more objectively. When conversing, people tend to remember the spirit and tone more than the specific words. I think that leads to more problems than anything; the misunderstanding.


Photo Wars

While I have been doing well with the whole not-drinking thing (today making two months, the longest period of time since I was in the Army,) I haven't been doing so well with the running thing. I haven't run for the past two and a half weeks. I'm still steadily losing weight (about fifteen pounds.) It's at the rate of almost two pounds per week, which is a safe pace that doesn't hinder my working out. I mean, I'm not getting weaker because I'm not eating or anything.

It is mostly the loss of all those calories I usually got from beer.

In theory, after another month I will level out for a couple of weeks and then slowly start to gain weight again. Ideally.

In order to motivate myself, I have decided to take a picture of my progress every month.

Here is this month's:



Where's my head, you ask? I cut it off.

Oh, as if you know a better way to lose 9 pounds in 12 seconds.

"Dammit."

The quick post before this one is a modified Family Guy reference. The actual scene is of a tiff between Gentle Ben and Grizzly Adams.

Nothing to be worried about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.