Thursday, February 11, 2021

I'm kind of color-blind. I have difficulty distinguishing between pink and purple. I don't think there's a biological component to that, unless I count being dumb. Which I do. Add that to the "static" I see underneath everything and I have whatever the opposite of a super power is. 

I've mentioned the static before. It's not the same as a condition in which people see a visual snow over everything, like they're literally in a snowstorm. What I see is static beneath the images. Pretty much what I see when I squeeze my eyes shut really tight in the dark. It's a backdrop, and on top of that is whatever I'm looking at. It doesn't inhibit what I'm seeing. It's like going to a movie theater and seeing the film projection AND the screen the image is projected on. As far as I can tell, it doesn't affect anything. My vision isn't great anyway. Maybe I should get that laser eye surgery. I do have a tax refund coming up. Why not. 

Laser eye surgery for vision correction seems to work out okay for people. I'm hesitant about new technologies, and this has been around for quite a while. I remember growing up and the procedure was done with a scalpel. Knife to the eye. What were we, cavemen?

Less biologically speaking, that's one of the reasons I haven't attempted to find a Playstation 5. Let the first generation go out, get field-tested, and then hopefully Sony will refine the product to address whatever fails when it's out in the wild. Also, the peripherals aren't there yet. 

Also also also, I don't really need one. PS4 Pro still has a hundred games I have been meaning to play at some point. The PS5 doesn't have anything I feel I have to play. Unless Bloodborne 2 comes out, then it's over.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.