Tuesday, December 22, 2020

There is a smart alarm on my smart watch that will smartly decide when it's the best time for me to wake up in the morning. I've never used it because if it were really that smart, it will know that I would try to eke out every last minute of being in bed and attempting to get me up any earlier would be futile.

Those moments I am warm and remember my dreams are precious to me. I remember one month where I decided not to use a snooze alarm. I could do it, but it was odd. Now, I split the difference. I have two alarms set. One goes off twenty minutes before I have to get up, so I get the feeling of waking up and staying in bed in quiet defiance of the waking world. Then the second one goes off and I get up without hitting a snooze or anything. 

What does this say about me, I wonder? No I don't. In the mornings I am past wondering. Sleep or get off the pot. No sleep til sleep. Ask not for whom the sleeper dreams; he dreams for thee.

Just listened to Motion II (featLes Siecles, Francois-Xavier Roth, Vanessa Wagner) & Vanessa Wagner. Now I feel like I need to be on an adventure. Gearing up for a mission. Sharpening my sword and wit, polishing my armor and panache, waxing my handlebar mustache. Packing a light snack to keep my energy up. I mean, I can go for days without food, but I much prefer not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.