Tuesday, January 06, 2004

An Off-Night/Day

After waking from series of disturbing dreams, I registered for some classes. Nothing too wild, just an English class, a mythology class, a journalism class, macro-economics, and a beginning acting class.

I'm convinced that each one will be incredibly useful should I ever to decide to pursue an actual goal.

The dreams were interesting because they weren't exactly good dreams, but they weren't nightmares either.

In each dream, I would be in a fairly typical setting with fairly typical people doing fairly typical things. The only thing that stood out was that my dream-self was astoundingly drunk. Stupefyingly drunk. Falling down, slurring, tunnel-visioned drunk.

Well, perhaps me being drunk doesn't exactly catapult us out of the realm of "fairly typical," but there is more. I knew that my dream-self hadn't touched a drop of alcohol. It was like a curse, where I was just trying to go about my day but couldn't because I was too soused anyway.

Withdrawal, perhaps?

It has been a few days. We'll see.

A 5-K to Remember

Sibbitt and I ran a five-kilometer race down at Papago Park. It was a lot of fun. There's nothing like losing to a little girl and a bunch of elderly people that really makes you glad that you got up early on a freezing Saturday morning.

Seriously, she was little. And they were really old. I swear I saw one guy climb out of his iron lung mere seconds before the race started. And one lady was trailing along an extension cord so that she could power the life-support machine that she was wheeling along beside her.

Lousy fast old ladies.

No, that's not fair. I should really be mad at myself. Well, myself and the people that make such portable life-support units.

One Less Lopez To Worry About

Donaldo also went back to Georgia on Saturday. He'll be there for a few weeks, then head out to California for more random military training. Five months from now he will be done with the Army after three years of service.

Well, I guess now we all know who the most perseverant Lopez is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, topic suggestions, and your vote for worst sentence can be made here: