Thursday, August 28, 2003

On a great rare occasion I remember that I can click on that little rainbow-colored icon on the side of my blog and see how many people have visited this site. I love seeing how the average amount of time an individual is on is usually ridiculously short, for instance, 3.4 seconds.

Maybe I should put up a better picture of myself, eh?

I also try to be a gracious host and hit up any sites that I haven't seen or heard of before that for some reason or other send people to me. It can be pleasantly surprising.

And also rather disturbing.

I'm sure this is a common phenomenon, but I'm certainly not used to being stumbled up in such... unsettling ways.

(What really creeps me out is that the refering page is something like page 800 on this person's search. Twisted and persistent.)

But it's not all bad. I had to laugh at this one.

I assume of course that the person was looking for the answer to their question, not some poor shmuck who is also constantly wondering the same thing. I worry about the repercussions; a mistake like that could get Google shut down.

On linking:

At the moment I have only linked people I know, or at least have seen (even if only from a distance.) This is for selfish reasons mostly. I want to know what these people are up to and I find it easiest to set it up so I can just get to them from here.

I have been to Los Angeles to attend a student conference on Objectivism run by the ARI. (I had just read The Fountainhead the week before and had been meaning to visit Annie Melchor anyway. Go Greyhound!)

I have gone to that Comic-Convention twice now. (Where I saw Neil Gaiman (from a distance.))

I have taken Dr. Barry's Intro to Ancient Philosophy.

So if it's up here, it's because I feel involved somehow. I have every intention of keeping it that way. Not that there isn't so much great stuff out there, because there is. It's amazing. But linking everything presents a logistical problem.

But if it's good, I'm willing to do a little work to get to it. And I will get to it. My persistence is only rivaled by that guy I mentioned earlier. (Although, I know at least one of my friends has a blog that no-one knows about and I still haven't found it.)

But linking and getting linked seems to be the name of the game in this mixed-up, gin-and-graphics blog world, and the troubles of some little Gurg getting violated by a search engine don't amount to a hill of server errors 'round here.

But I'm glad you stopped by, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever you're thinking, I would like to hear it.